It was over two years ago that Brie Larson got the official nod to play the superhero Captain Marvel in the comic book’s cinematic universe and Tuesday fans finally got a little taste of what’s to come.
Marvel officially released the first trailer for the hero’s film.
The trailer gives an idea of the story. It begins with the superhero (real name Carol Danvers) falling from they sky and crashing through a Blockbuster video store, suggesting the story begins in the past. Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury voice tracks the beginning before revealing to be a much younger Fury.
It also shows the superhero’s struggle with remembering exactly where she is from, showing flashbacks to her time on earth before gaining her powers.
Comic book fans have eagerly awaited this release because this will be the first female-superhero solo in the Marvel cinematic universe. Larson also expressed her excitement today on Twitter.
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) September 18, 2018
It is set to be released March 8, 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- “Lights on 4 Lizzy” fundraiser raises thousands of dollars