It was over two years ago that Brie Larson got the official nod to play the superhero Captain Marvel in the comic book’s cinematic universe and Tuesday fans finally got a little taste of what’s to come.
Marvel officially released the first trailer for the hero’s film.
The trailer gives an idea of the story. It begins with the superhero (real name Carol Danvers) falling from they sky and crashing through a Blockbuster video store, suggesting the story begins in the past. Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury voice tracks the beginning before revealing to be a much younger Fury.
It also shows the superhero’s struggle with remembering exactly where she is from, showing flashbacks to her time on earth before gaining her powers.
Comic book fans have eagerly awaited this release because this will be the first female-superhero solo in the Marvel cinematic universe. Larson also expressed her excitement today on Twitter.
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) September 18, 2018
It is set to be released March 8, 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?
- How to care for Poinsettias
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup
- ERA Utah supporters hold rally at the State Capitol building
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Fire crews rescue 4 people and 18 animals from basement fire