It was over two years ago that Brie Larson got the official nod to play the superhero Captain Marvel in the comic book’s cinematic universe and Tuesday fans finally got a little taste of what’s to come.
Marvel officially released the first trailer for the hero’s film.
The trailer gives an idea of the story. It begins with the superhero (real name Carol Danvers) falling from they sky and crashing through a Blockbuster video store, suggesting the story begins in the past. Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury voice tracks the beginning before revealing to be a much younger Fury.
It also shows the superhero’s struggle with remembering exactly where she is from, showing flashbacks to her time on earth before gaining her powers.
Comic book fans have eagerly awaited this release because this will be the first female-superhero solo in the Marvel cinematic universe. Larson also expressed her excitement today on Twitter.
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) September 18, 2018
It is set to be released March 8, 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Lunar eclipse during supermoon set for early Wednesday morning
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- Sears staves off liquidation, stores to remain open
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Trooper Justin Hansen
- Utah football fans honor Ty Jordan with “The Ty Jordan Challenge”
- SLC hit hard by flash flooding
- Air quality “unhealthy” for all near Spanish Fork