It was over two years ago that Brie Larson got the official nod to play the superhero Captain Marvel in the comic book’s cinematic universe and Tuesday fans finally got a little taste of what’s to come.
Marvel officially released the first trailer for the hero’s film.
The trailer gives an idea of the story. It begins with the superhero (real name Carol Danvers) falling from they sky and crashing through a Blockbuster video store, suggesting the story begins in the past. Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury voice tracks the beginning before revealing to be a much younger Fury.
It also shows the superhero’s struggle with remembering exactly where she is from, showing flashbacks to her time on earth before gaining her powers.
Comic book fans have eagerly awaited this release because this will be the first female-superhero solo in the Marvel cinematic universe. Larson also expressed her excitement today on Twitter.
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) September 18, 2018
It is set to be released March 8, 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Rare black deer dies of chronic wasting disease in Moab