We need to talk about the recent shootings because they’ve all been done with a handgun, not a semi-automatic rifle. This clearly shows that the argument that semi-automatic rifles are the problem in these shootings is just not true.
I think we have to be honest in this debate about the focus on the type of weapon. I don’t know how we stop these from continuing but I don’t think ignoring the problem is the answer.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- President Trump acknowledges ‘new administration’ will be sworn into White House