Suicide is an epidemic that’s sweeping the nation. A recent CDC study shows that the U.S. average life expectancy has gone down for two years in a row, despite scientific and life-saving advances. Why? Because of suicide and drug overdoses.
Does your teen suffer from mental health issues like depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts?
The University of Utah developed an app that can help your kids find the help they need. It’s called the SafeUT App. You can download it for free in the iTunes or Play Store.
How else can we fight the epidemic?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Utah Medical Examiner’s Office finds no link between COVID-19 vaccine and deaths
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school