Tom Griffiths, who helped to train hundreds of broadcast journalists over decades in the Communications program at Brigham Young University, died Sunday morning. KSL Newsradio’s Dan Bammes has more.
Cressman, a retired professor of Communications at BYU, also worked for KSL TV and the United States Air Force.
Current BYU faculty member Dale Cressman said Griffiths was a trusted mentor to generations of broadcasters.
“When he started, there was not a lot of funding, nor supervision. And he instilled in these students loyalty so that he could trust them.”
Griffiths is also responsible for starting one of the first student-run TV news programs in the country and served as the Director of News and Public Affairs for KBYU Television.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Children’s Service Society
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges