JayMac: Normally, we talk about the news of the day, but I recently had an experience that shook me. I was riding the FrontRunner on my way to work and throughout the entire ride, a young female college student was talking to her insurance agent and repeatedly revealed sensitive information about not only herself but her roommates as well. I’m talking about her social security number, employment, dependents, roommates’ names and birth dates, etc.
Who are this person’s parents? Does she not understand how easy it would be for someone with malicious intent to steal her identity?
I think parents need to be having “the talk” with kids about the importance of keeping personal information private.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Honoring the Class of 2020
- Sewage flows into Murray apartment, tenant says landlord need to do more to clean the mess
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Opioid addiction causes a Utah woman to spiral out of control