WEST VALLEY CITY — West Valley City leaders are so fed up with the smell in their city, they appear to be ready to sue.
Their Facebook post says they are going after ET Technologies. The company is by the Salt Lake landfill, and it takes sewage and other waste and makes topsoil to use at the landfill.
West Valley City leaders say they have tried to work with the company, Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County, but there is not a lot of action.
Their post says they learned all entities just signed a new contract even though the odor is still a problem.
Therefore they say their only solution is to pursue legal action.
ET Technologies’ website says it continues to invest in odor control.
Today’s Top Stories
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Italian socialist Sassoli to be president of EU Parliament
- What are the rules for political third-party ads?
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Families confront New Zealand mosque shooter at sentencing
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms