WASHINGTON — A Capitol hearing room is packed as the Senate Judiciary Committee, which features two Utah Senators, prepares to hear from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as well as the woman who accused him of attempted sexual assault in high school.
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was the only witness slated to testify before Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony, which is scheduled for later today.
Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Mike Lee, both R-Utah, are expected to ask questions as part of their roles as committee members.
ABC News is providing a live feed of the hearing. You can also tune to KSL Newsradio for live coverage, as well as follow Deseret News Opinion Editor Boyd Matheson’s live blog of the proceeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- President Nelson announces 8 new temples, including Utah, Dubai and Shanghai