WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are investigating whether a car chase through Midvale may be connected to a deadly shooting and murder in West Valley City.
Sergeant Sean McCarthy says the victim has been identified as Victor Manuel Garcia, Jr., 26. Officers say he was killed in the course of an argument in a car, after which the gunman ran away. Early Thursday morning, police officers looking for that suspect chased a car in Midvale they believed was connected to the crime.
“The driver of the vehicle did not stop. It fled, led us on a pursuit for several minutes that ultimately ended behind the business over here at about 7350 South and State Street,” McCarthy says.
Officers say there were a total of three people in that vehicle.
“Two were apprehended almost immediately and the third one, we’re still looking for,” McCarthy says.
The two who were caught, a man and a woman, are being questioned at the police department.
Today’s Top Stories
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Why Notre Dame Cathedral is so important to Catholics worldwide
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever