JayMac: The time had finally come for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Judge Brett Kavanaugh to testify before the United States Senate Judiciary regarding the allegation of sexual assault against Kavanaugh. These allegations surfaced before the Judiciary committee was set to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Both Kavanaugh and Ford agreed to testify before the Senate and receive questions by each of the committee members.
One of the things that made Ford credible was that she never seized on moments to make her case better or stronger. For instance, when she was asked how this has affected her family, a political person would make a calculated decision and embellish in the ways in which situation like this one affected their family. However, Ford was honest and straightforward in her response.
I’m convinced that Dr. Ford is convinced that this event happened. I do not believe that she had any political motives in the way she responded to the Senate committee.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Det. Ellis Maxwell shares his theory on what happened to Susan Powell
- Utah woman says former Marine saved her life in Las Vegas
- Suspect in Pleasant Grove shelter-in-place identified
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola