Republican Senator Susan Collins will vote in favor of SCOTUS nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh when Senate votes.
She gave a more-than 40-minute herculean speech that blew my mind. She touched on all of the things that I monologue about each day on the radio: peace, respect, unity, and bipartisanship.
She was one of two unknown votes until recently, the other unknown vote was Arizona Senator Jeff Flake.
Collins said she believes Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was sexually assaulted, but she’s not sure if it was by Kavanaugh.
“Every person, man or woman, who makes a charge of sexual assault deserves to be heard and treated with respect,” Collins said. “The #MeToo movement is real. It matters. It is needed and long overdue.”
I was very impressed by her speech, she wasn’t one of the Senators that I’ve heard a lot from. She took partisanship out of her decision-making process and she explained how she came to her decision. She has done her due diligence and she can back up her claims.
Some of my texters even want her to run for president in 2020. What did you think?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- 191st Annual General Conference
- North Korea test-fires a new tactical guided weapon
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- 80-year-old woman saved from 30-thousand dollar shipping scam
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- Diane Crim & Niki Hack – Salt Lake Center for Science Education
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- America’s biggest restaurant chains scored on their antibiotic use