MIDVALE — Midvale City reports that a missing Midvale teen has been found safe, days after he was last seen leaving school.
Earlier today investigators were out of leads and had no idea what had happened to 15-year-old Ricky Marrott.
“This is a little different type of case that we get,” says Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera.
Ricky was seen leaving Hillcrest High School Thursday, October 4.
His parents said he was planning to go to homecoming, but he didn’t show up there.
Previously, Rivera had said, “We don’t have a note. Parents have not given us any indication that he’s run away.”
Police interviewed all his friends, and no one had a clue about his whereabouts.
“The friends are saying ‘I don’t know where he’s at, I haven’t seen him’,” explained Rivera.
Ricky was found Monday afternoon by the Utah Highway Patrol in the area of 2100 S and I-15.
He was found in good shape. Police say he will be questioned after he gets a good night’s sleep.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Remembering Joe Vandever: Navajo code talker, American hero
- Utah Debate Commission selects moderators for 2020 debates
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale… described as what?
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Former Utah police chief shares insight into active shooter response
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today