WEST JORDAN — A robbery spree has ended in West Jordan, following a high-speed chase and a crash.
The robbery suspects used the same mode of operation in five convenience stores, like in Magna.
“Three suspects entered the 7-Eleven,” said Unified Police Lt. Bill Robertson. “Three suspects displayed handguns, and took an undisclosed amount of money from the clerk there, and threatened him.”
Robertson says, in all, four men also robbed in Salt Lake, West Valley and South Jordan.
A UPD officer in Riverton spotted their SUV. The men led police on a high-speed chase, until they crashed near 7800 South Bangerter Highway.
“We had so many units in the vicinity so quickly,” Robertson said. “We set up a containment. I think it only took less than 20 minutes to take all of them into custody.”
Police recovered one gun, and fear there may be others.
They’re also determining if the suspects are connected to three other robberies of convenience stores in the Salt Lake Valley last week.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school