BURLEY, Idaho — A mom in Burley, Idaho, says she may never use a pressure cooker again after hers exploded while cooking a roast, severely burning her two-year-old.
“I was going to get some drippings to make gravy, and it was like a bubble formed and a bomb went off. It went BOOM,” Angela Bodily says.
The toddler’s injuries were immediately apparent.
“His skin was just sliding off his body,” Bodily says. “It was like the scariest thing to see your child’s skin coming off.”
Chayse Bodily was burned over 14 percent of his body. He was airlifted to Salt Lake City, where he spent nearly two weeks at Primary Children’s Hospital for burn treatment. Back home now, Chayse is still undergoing outpatient treatment for his burns.
Angela Bodily says she still doesn’t know what went wrong with her pressure cooker, which she says she had used many times before.
“I loved them. Absolutely loved them,” she said. “I used them all the time. I don’t know if I can ever use one again.”
She’s urging other parents to use caution with pressure cookers or any other device in the kitchen.
The full story is available from KSL TV.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- Fire crews rescue 4 people and 18 animals from basement fire
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- What you can do right now to stop robocalls