SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors are charging a man and his father for their parts in the shooting death of a man in September.
According to prosecutors, Robert Anthony DeHerrera, 24, started arguing with Manual Garcia, 26, inside a car after using drugs together. The driver of the car pulled over near 3030 W. 3500 S. and stepped out while the two men scuffled.
Charging documents state the driver told prosecutors she heard the shot and then saw DeHerrera run from the area before police arrived.
Robert Landen DeHerrera, 66, is facing obstruction of justice charges for trying to help his son flee the state the following day.
Charging documents say the elder DeHerrera is listed as homeless, the younger has a criminal history.
Bail for the younger DeHerrera is set at $1 million.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Salt Lake City Public Library system reopening for services
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Salt Lake City man charged with attempted murder following road rage incident
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?