SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors are charging a man and his father for their parts in the shooting death of a man in September.
According to prosecutors, Robert Anthony DeHerrera, 24, started arguing with Manual Garcia, 26, inside a car after using drugs together. The driver of the car pulled over near 3030 W. 3500 S. and stepped out while the two men scuffled.
Charging documents state the driver told prosecutors she heard the shot and then saw DeHerrera run from the area before police arrived.
Robert Landen DeHerrera, 66, is facing obstruction of justice charges for trying to help his son flee the state the following day.
Charging documents say the elder DeHerrera is listed as homeless, the younger has a criminal history.
Bail for the younger DeHerrera is set at $1 million.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I want a future’: Global youth protests urge climate action
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- What Options Do You Have If You Aren’t Comfortable with the Upcoming School Year? 5…
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Fired U of U detective refutes claims made by school about her dismissal
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Large police presence near Rose Park
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19