WEST JORDAN – A man died in West Jordan in an officer-involved shooting Thursday afternoon after police responded to a domestic assault report.
West Jordan Police tweeted it happened off Cherry Leaf Drive. Sergeant J.C. Holt says an altercation allegedly broke out between an officer and the man.
“That altercation is under investigation right now,” Holt said. “But we have one officer who fired (a) shot or shots at the suspect striking him and killing him.”
Holt says the officer was not hurt in the altercation. He also says the domestic assault situation involved the man who died and a woman.
Holt also confirmed it was a West Jordan Police officer who fired his weapon, so Unified Police will conduct the investigation into the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother