OREM — A man has died in an officer-involved shooting in Orem on Friday afternoon near 81 N. Paradise Drive.
Officers were responding to a family problem at the home where they found the male suspect inside a bedroom. They say the man came at them with a knife in hand.
“One of our officers tried to taze the man,” says Orem Lt. Craig Martinez. “That didn’t work…both officers fired several shots striking him.”
The suspect was taken to a nearby hospital in poor condition, and later died from his injuries. Both officers are alright.
“One of them did suffer a cut to his hand. We’re not quite sure yet how he got that cut,” says Martinez.
Both officers were wearing body cameras.
Today’s Top Stories
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Officer Josue Llil, West Valley Police Department
- Red Barn Farms
- Can an executive order really change the 14th Amendment?
- New dashboards compare education spending to outcomes in Utah
- Doctored videos are already faking the cause of Beirut’s explosion
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- KSL’s Unrivaled: The teams you live for, the sports you love
- Tree roots tangled with headstones keep Salt Lake cemetery closed
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department