OREM — A man has died in an officer-involved shooting in Orem on Friday afternoon near 81 N. Paradise Drive.
Officers were responding to a family problem at the home where they found the male suspect inside a bedroom. They say the man came at them with a knife in hand.
“One of our officers tried to taze the man,” says Orem Lt. Craig Martinez. “That didn’t work…both officers fired several shots striking him.”
The suspect was taken to a nearby hospital in poor condition, and later died from his injuries. Both officers are alright.
“One of them did suffer a cut to his hand. We’re not quite sure yet how he got that cut,” says Martinez.
Both officers were wearing body cameras.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Council member calls for changes with SLCO Republican Party
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School