What the heck is Proposition 4? It’s on the 2018 election ballot. We’ve heard so much about Proposition 2, but nothing about this despite the fact that it could impact the future of politics as we know them in Utah.
Prop 4, also known as Independent Redistricting Commission Initiative, is an attempt to create governing boards that will oversee and potentially reigns in gerrymandering.
Will the measure be enough to get rid of Utah’s blatant gerrymandering? Will Prop 4 give more power to the Utah Democrats? Or will it keep the power in the hands of the Utah Republicans?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Opponents try to stop SLCO tax hike for UTA