On Monday the Mountain West Conference’s league office announced Utah State University quarterback Jordan Love won Offensive Player of the Week.
Love led the Aggies to a victory over UNLV 59-28 at home. The sophomore quarterback went 17-for-23 for 322 yards and five touchdowns in the win. The five touchdowns tied a school record.
Jordan Love scored 🖐 touchdowns to help @USUFootball roll by UNLV, 59-28 today in Logan.
— KSL SportsBeat (@kslsports) October 14, 2018
This is the second week in a row Love has earned the honor. It is also his third time in four weeks. The last time an Aggie won player of the week in consecutive weeks was linebacker Kyler Fackrell in 2012 when the team was in the Western Athletic Conference.
Love has thrown for 1,079 yards (269.8 ypg), 13 touchdowns and no interceptions in his last four games. He has completed 132 straight passes without throwing an interception as well.
He is leading the Aggies’ offensive attack which is scoring an average of 51.7 points per game which is second in the nation only behind Alabama (53.6 ppg).
The team’s winning ways has caught the eyes of some nationally as well as it has received AP Top 25 votes.
Utah State will look to improve upon its 5-1 record (only loss is to No. 24 Michigan State) this Saturday when it hits the road to play at Wyoming. Kick off is set for 12:30 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- 191st Annual General Conference
- North Korea test-fires a new tactical guided weapon
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- 80-year-old woman saved from 30-thousand dollar shipping scam
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- Diane Crim & Niki Hack – Salt Lake Center for Science Education
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- America’s biggest restaurant chains scored on their antibiotic use