People thought Hillary Clinton was going to overwhelming win the 2016 election and as a result, people didn’t bother turning out. They decided that rather than going out to vote that they would instead watch Judge Judy. So, it wasn’t that Trump over-performed, it was that Hillary Clinton under-performed in the election. So, maybe we need to rethink how people should understand polls.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public