SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate has raised more money than any of her predecessors this century.
Reports to the Federal Election Commission show Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson has raised more than $855,000 for her campaign, more than double the amount raised by Democrat Scott Howell at about $421,000, when he lost to Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) in 2012.
But former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has raised $3.61 million, including $1 million he transferred from his last presidential campaign.
Romney has about $855,000 left in his coffers. Wilson has one seventh of that remaining.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Det. Ellis Maxwell shares his theory on what happened to Susan Powell
- Sen. Mike Lee at CPAC: The left hates the Bill of Rights
- Utah woman says former Marine saved her life in Las Vegas