SALT LAKE CITY — Award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth will be joining The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square for their annual Christmas Concerts.
In a statement released by the world-renowned choir, Chenoweth is set to be featured as the guest artist, as well as, the narrator on December 13-15 in the Conference Center.
“Kristin Chenoweth is larger than life, I just hope the Conference Center can contain her performance!” said Ron Jarrett, president of The Tabernacle Choir. “We have a very special concert planned to showcase her tour de force talents, which will ring in the Christmas spirit in an unforgettable way.”
Over 60,000 people are expected to attend the visual and musical spectacle and millions more will watch the special on PBS and BYUtv on December 19.
Chenoweth is known for her work that ranges from stage, film, television, and concerts and is most notably recognized for her role in Pushing Daisies, in which she won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 2009.
“Kristin Chenoweth will be among the most versatile voices to grace the conference hall stage,” said music director Mack Wilberg. “Just like the Choir and Orchestra, she is comfortable in a variety of styles, and we are delighted she has accepted our invitation to perform with us.”
Tickets will be available on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 10 a.m. mt. time at lds.org/events.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- Utah voters break a record for presidential primary participation
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer