As we wait to learn the motives of the person behind the bombing targets to several prominent Democrats, I ask everyone to be cautious and compassionate. We don’t know why these people were targeted, but we do know that they’re Americans and that they’re a danger. Isn’t that enough?
I’m truly blown away by some of our listener comments today. Accusing the Democrats who received explosives of sending themselves the packages as a political stunt, or of deserving what they got? There’s a word for that, and it’s not “patriotism.” It’s “victim blaming,” and it’s unacceptable.
If you’ve already made up your mind about the bombing, regardless of the lack of evidence, you’re part of the problem. If it’s more important to you to shore up your political ideology than to demonstrate compassion for your countrymen, you’re part of the problem. I don’t care if you’re blaming Trump, the Dems or the Russians — if you’re not willing to wait for information before developing and weaponizing your opinion, you’re part of the problem.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack