OPINION: Why can’t we come together after package bombs scare?
We have lost our minds over politics. When this started, people wanted to blame the Democrats for sending bombs to themselves.
Will we get back to the place where we demand civility? Where when people use anger and hate to rile us up we say, “No, sir. That’s not what America is.” When will get back to a place where we care when our political rivals are hurt?
When our fellow Americans are under attack, why is our number one concern the elections? No! We have lost our humanity and we’ve lost our minds. We’re so jaded that we’ve lost America–it’s gone. It’s something else now. This won’t be the last if we continue to allow this. Can we let this be a wake-up call? Or on Monday are we going to go back to the same old nonsense? I think Monday we go back to the madness, and that’s very sad.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Davis School District apologizes for shared flyer on ex-employee
- U of U Health offering full-tuition scholarships for pharmacy program
- Logan man arrested for allegedly sharing child porn on Facebook
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Charges say man threatened to shoot everyone at Magna youth football practice
- USU police chief resigns after sexual assault comments to football players were made public
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help