The President did an interview with Axios recently to discuss his plan to use his executive order powers to deny citizenship to people who came into the United States illegally and had their children on U.S. soil. Basically, it challenges what is in the 14th Amendment.
The administration is trying to make the argument that the children of illegal immigrants are not under our jurisdiction. However, if they were to commit a crime in the United States then we would treat them as if they were under our jurisdiction.
I think that the President should lead the fight to amend the constitution rather than going through the courts because that means a future Supreme Court could reverse or alter that decision.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- A 12-year-old found a 69 million-year-old dinosaur fossil while hiking with his dad
- Five bars temporarily closed for violating COVID-19 health orders