The NBA is in its third week and that means injuries are starting to come and that includes the Utah Jazz. The team’s power forward, Jae Crowder, went down with an ankle sprain at the end of the Utah Jazz’s 113-104 win against the Dallas Mavericks Sunday.
X-Rays were negative and the Jazz listed him as day-to-day.
Jae Crowder on injury at end of the game: “The x-rays came back fine so I should be day-to-day.”
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) October 29, 2018
Tuesday the team released its injury report and upgraded him to probable. The eighth-year power forward started the game Sunday filling in for Jazz forward Derrick Favors who was out with knee soreness.
The team’s best lineups typically have Crowder in it. Despite it being small sample size thus far, the Jazz’s best lineup is a plus-40 on the year. This is when Crowder, center Rudy Gobert, forward Joe Ingles, guard Donovan Mitchell, and point guard Ricky Rubio are on the floor together. This was also the Jazz’s best lineup last year as well.
The Jazz’s second best lineup includes both Crowder and Favors. However, Favors is still listed as questionable.
Here is Utah’s injury report in Minnesota:
Raul Neto – OUT – right hamstring injury
Alec Burks – QUESTIONABLE- left hand sprain
Derrick Favors – QUESTIONABLE – left knee soreness
Jae Crowder – PROBABLE – right ankle sprain
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) October 30, 2018
Guard Alec Burks was also questionable against the Mavericks, but received a DNP-coach’s decision. Point guard Raul Neto will miss his seventh straight game, including all of preseason, nursing a strained hamstring.
Jazz will tip-off at Minnesota Wednesday at 6 P.M. MDT.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Volunteers of America
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia
- Possible coronavirus on cruise ship causes huge problems for Utah couple
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Five bars temporarily closed for violating COVID-19 health orders
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Mark Hamill called an 11-year-old ‘Star Wars’ fan with an R2-D2 bionic arm a hero