AMERICAN FORK CANYON — The search for a missing trail runner above American Fork Canyon has resumed. He hasn’t been seen since late Wednesday.
His friends have some ideas where Derrik Jenkins, 27, could be.
“East Box Elder Peak, or it could have been Silver Lake Peak, or could even be White Baldy past that,” said best friend Jonathan Scott.
Scott adds the Pleasant Grove man has “bagged” more than 80 Wasatch Front peaks in two years.
Volunteers searched into late last night.
“We’ll be coordinating the search efforts as much as we can. Mostly, we’re just trying to support those going up, whether that’s food or blankets.”
Jenkins was supposed to return home Wednesday night to visit with his two daughters.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- How does the Electoral College work?
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Live Mic: Utah Farm Bureau president talks about coronavirus impact
- Woman killed by ex-husband in apparent murder-suicide in Cache County