SALT LAKE CITY – We now know Josh Holt’s reaction to President Trump bringing up him and Rep. Mia Love the day after the election.
Trump said Love lost the election, which is not true as the race has not been called, because she didn’t show him enough support.
“Mia Love. I saw Mia Love. She called me all the time to help with a hostage situation,” Trump said. “But Mia Love gave me no love. She lost. Too bad. Sorry about that, Mia.”
Trump was referring to Holt being held in a prison in Venezuela. Holt, who was released from prison in May, offered his reaction to the president’s comments.
“I didn’t know that it was Mia’s responsibility to need to ask the president to help one of their citizens,” Holt said. “I thought that was the entire U.S. government’s responsibility to get me out of that situation, not just Mia Love’s and Senator Hatch’s.”
Votes are still being counted in the 4th Congressional race. Love said she did have use of so-called robo-calls from President Trump, but her campaign put them to limited use.
Marc Giauque contributed to this report.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Truck crashes into, flattens Wellington restaurant