A woman is in critical condition after two men fired shots into a crowd assembled outside a bar.
Police were dispatched to Scallywags Bar at 3040 S. State St. around 1:00 AM Sunday morning on a “Fight/Shots Fired call,” said South Salt Lake Police Department public information officer Gary Keller. According to Keller, bar security escorted several patrons out of Scallywags and into the parking lot after a fight erupted inside the bar. Fighting began again in the parking lot when a glass was thrown. At that point, two men ran to a vehicle, retrieved a handgun and an assault rifle, and began shooting into a crowd gathered in the parking lot, Keller said.
A woman in the crowd was hit by gunfire and taken to the hospital in critical condition, Keller said. A man who was injured during the fight was also taken to the hospital in serious condition.
According to Keller, police have detained four individuals after stopping a vehicle that was leaving the bar. The investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- ‘Golden Girls’ recast with Black cast including Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King
- Local health officials: Utah may reach herd immunity by end of summer
- Utahns rally to clean up Salt Lake City, Capitol Building after protests
- Bill that would ban on sharing intimate photo evidence passes Legislature
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Layton Utah Temple site announced