NORTH OGDEN, Utah — American flags line the streets as the city mourns their mayor, Major Brent Taylor and now there’s a new visible sign of support and love for him.
North Ogden City is providing green light bulbs for residents to place in their homes or on their porch. The green color shows support for veterans, as part of the ‘Greenlight A Vet’ national campaign.
Glowing Green Locations:
The city says you can pick up a green bulb at the North Ogden City Hall or Public Works office.
Major Taylor was killed on November 3 in Afghanistan. The fallen soldier was brought to the Roland R. Wright Air National Guard Base in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Governor Gary Herbert among those greeting his coffin in the runway prior to being transported to an Ogden Mortuary.
Major Taylor’s viewing is scheduled for Friday at 5 pm with the funeral scheduled for Saturday at 1 pm at the Dee Events Center in Ogden.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- ‘Modern Family’ actor Ty Burrell teams up with Salt Lake City to help laid-off…
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening