SALT LAKE CITY — U.S. Attorney for Utah John Huber announced three major drug busts Thursday. Hundreds of pounds are off the streets and millions of dollars are out of drug traffickers’ hands.
Meth, Heroin, Fentanyl, Crack Cocaine – pounds of the stuff seized between the three drug busts as part of years-long investigations. Huber says two of the cases involve trans-national criminal organizations.
“They take our cash, they exploit our addictions, and they fuel our crime,” says Huber.
Those organizations being Mexican drug cartels and smuggling rings from Honduras. Huber says the collaborative efforts between his office, the DEA, FBI, local police, and various task forces are making a huge dent in Utah drug crime.
Huber says, “A lot of our problems that affect our quality of life come from drug traffickers and what they bring to our society.”
Between the three cases, as many as 40 people were arrested yielding nearly 50 indictments.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated