Wasatch County, Utah — Late Saturday, the Wasatch County Sheriff’s office reported that crews recovered the body of an adult male at Strawberry Reservoir
Officials identified that body as 24-year-old Benjamin S. Magalis from Minnesota, who went missing earlier this week after a camping trip. Officials say Magalis appeared to have drowned while canoeing. His body was located at Chicken Creek West area of the reservoir. Magalis was accompanied with 26-year-old Chenoa L. Plank, who sheriff’s officials say remains missing Saturday night.
The Wasatch County Sheriff’s office says it will resume sending it’s search and rescue crews Sunday morning for Chenoa Plank.
Today’s Top Stories
- No school for kids at one Utah school, courtesy of a garbage fire
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Lincoln County, NV, prepares for possible onslaught
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report
- Greg Skordas: Democratic nominee for Utah attorney general
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Two hospitalized after shooting at Fashion Place Mall
- Health officials urge Utah’s Hispanic population to keep holiday events small due to COVID-19