SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s House Minority leader, Rep. Brian King, says a vote against Nancy Pelosi for U.S. House Speaker won’t hurt the success of freshman Congressman-elect, Ben McAdams.
“I think Nancy Pelosi is smart,” said King (D-Salt Lake City). “She wants to see Ben McAdams come back in 2020. She wants him to have a great career in Congress.”
King says Pelosi and McAdams know he represents a “purple” fourth district that he won by 694 votes.
King expects McAdams to work across party lines as he did as Salt Lake County mayor but that will be much harder in Washington.
“I think he wants to be someone who is not seen as just fitting into the mold of, ‘Yeah, I’m a Democrat, and I always support the Democrats,’” King said.
Pelosi doesn’t need McAdams’ vote to win. He has said to her that he wants new Congressional leadership.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee