AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District is building its statewide lead for total number of enrolled students.
Alpine Schools could reach 80,000 students by the end of the school year, and 85,000 by 2023.
The district reports six of the 59 elementary schools have about 1,000 kids each.
Westlake High is among Utah’s biggest with 3,200 students.
Credit goes to Utah County’s overall rising population.
State numbers show Davis Schools rank second with 72,000 students, and Granite Schools with 66,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I want a future’: Global youth protests urge climate action
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- What Options Do You Have If You Aren’t Comfortable with the Upcoming School Year? 5…
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Fired U of U detective refutes claims made by school about her dismissal
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Large police presence near Rose Park