AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District is building its statewide lead for total number of enrolled students.
Alpine Schools could reach 80,000 students by the end of the school year, and 85,000 by 2023.
The district reports six of the 59 elementary schools have about 1,000 kids each.
Westlake High is among Utah’s biggest with 3,200 students.
Credit goes to Utah County’s overall rising population.
State numbers show Davis Schools rank second with 72,000 students, and Granite Schools with 66,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- Educators ask parents to help stop the spread of flu in Utah
- People are moving to Utah, making it one of the fastest growing states in the US
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60