A surprise trade by the Utah Jazz — a familiar face is returning: fan favorite Kyle Korver.
Several reports say Kyle Korver of the Cleveland Cavaliers has been traded to Utah in exchange for Alec Burks and two future second-round picks.
Korver spent 2 and a half seasons in Utah from 2007 to 2010. In his last season here, he shot nearly 54 percent from the 3-point line. And analysts say that’s what the team needs as they are 2nd to last in the NBA in 3 point percentage.
Korver spent the last 3 seasons in Cleveland and will turn 38 in March.
“He met his wife in Utah, and it’s more comfortable for his family,” said ESPN NBA Reporter Brian Windhorst.
Jazz players say they will miss AB.
It’s been great playing with you my guy @AlecBurks10 great teammate but more importantly and great dude man! Loved playing with you for the past year! Good luck to you my brotha! Just not against us 😂😂💯💯
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) November 29, 2018
One of the best teammates I’ve had, he had some bad luck & never stopped working to get back to who we all knew him for. Everyday was upbeat & positive. We will all miss you round here, wish you nothing but the best @AlecBurks10! #bigfax 🙌🏻🙌🏻
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) November 29, 2018
You can read more of their reaction in the Deseret News here
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- BIG MOVIE OF THE WEEK: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse review
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building
- Tsunami threat issued after powerful quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Ogden cancels AMBER Alert, missing infant found safe
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row