SANTA CLARA, CA — After 8 years in the PAC 12, the Runnin Utes are playing for the Pac 12 Championship, as they face off against Washington at Levi’s Stadium at 6pm MST, as well as a possible Rose Bowl invite.
A lot has changed since Utah lost to the Huskies 21-7 in September, including a new starting quarterback and running back since then.
PAC 12 Championship preview
Miles Gaskin has rushed for more than 5,000 yards and 55 touchdowns in 4 years at Washington and containing him will be key for the Utes.
“If he gets out and gets going and has a good game, our chances aren’t real good,” said Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham on KSL TV Sportsbeat.
Utah and Washington both pride themselves on being physical and both boast some of the best defenses in the country.
“Their defense is lights out,” said Huskies head coach Chris Peterson.
“It’s a serious attitude that everybody has and everybody’s carrying around right now. It’s really cool to see because we know how good Washington is, but it’s a mixture of respect for Washington and excitement to possibly be able to play in the Rose Bowl,” said Utah wide receiver Britain Covey.
Hear game predictions from KSL Unrivaled host and former Utah quarterback Scott Mitchell below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latter-day Saints apostle, cardiologist weighs in on wearing masks
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Court weighs if lawyers can compel child victims to testify
- Temple Square lights turn on tonight to kick start the holidays
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- How in person voting works in different counties along the Wasatch
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol