SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced changes to the ages at which children progress out of Primary and into Sunday School and Young Women or Aaronic Priesthood quorums.
In a letter, the First Presidency of the church announced children will complete Primary and attend Sunday School and either Young Women or Aaronic Priesthood quorums beginning in January of the year in which they turn 12. They would also transition from Young Women classes and Aaronic Priesthood quorums in January of the years in which they turn 14 and 16.
The letter states:
In addition, young men will be eligible for ordination to the appropriate priesthood office in January of the year they turn 12, 14, and 16. Young women and ordained young men will be eligible for limited-use temple recommends beginning in January of the year they turn 12.
The full letter and the answers to frequently asked questions are available on a church website.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP