ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg reported it first but he says his sources tell him Utah State Football will hire Mike Sanford Jr. as its offensive coordinator.
SOURCE: Utah State is hiring former Western Kentucky coach Mike Sanford as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Sanford spent the past two seasons at WKU, and also has been an offensive coordinator at both Notre Dame and Boise State. Still only… https://t.co/bp6raexQaJ
— Adam Rittenberg (@ESPNRittenberg) December 14, 2018
Sanford Jr. spent the past two seasons as head coach for Western Kentucky. His went 9-16 in those years. He has also been an offensive coordinator for Notre Dame and Boise State. Before that he served in different roles at Stanford. Sanford Jr. also played quarterback for Boise State from 2000-2004.
His father, Mike Sanford Sr., was the offensive coordinator for the University of Utah from 2003-2004 and was an assistant head coach to Gary Andersen in 2012.
Sanford Jr. led his Western Kentucky Hilltoppers to a bowl game in 2017, but the school fired him in November after a going 3-9 this year.
Andersen was recently brought back to Utah State which became official Sunday. He officially hired Justin Ena as defense coordinator Thursday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors