SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – Sacramento State has hired Utah offensive coordinator Troy Taylor as its new football coach.
— Sac State Football (@SacHornetsFB) December 17, 2018
Athletic director Mark Orr announced the move Monday, calling Taylor an innovative play-caller with ties to the Sacramento area.
Taylor has been coordinator for the Utes the past two seasons, helping them win the Pac-12 South this year. He spent the 2016 season as co-offensive coordinator at Eastern Washington after a stint as a high school coach near Sacramento where he tutored Washington quarterback Jake Browning.
Taylor grew up in the Sacramento area and starred in college at California, leaving the school as the all-time leading passer with 8,126 yards in 1989.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- How tech salaries compare among Utah cities and to other states