PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A 12-year-old boy was hit and killed by a construction truck Monday night.
Police say the boy was crossing in a crosswalk when a large construction truck turned red on a red light and struck him.
This was at State Street and Pleasant Grove Boulevard around 6 p.m.
It’s unclear at this point if the truck stopped at the red light first. Investigators say the driver apparently did not see the boy.
They stayed on the scene late into the evening. The boy’s name has not yet been released.
Police say their hearts go out to his family and friends.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Dogs saved from South Korean meat farm come to Utah
- Opinion: Should police have sent in the dog?
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find