PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say a 23-year-old man went through a McDonald’s drive-thru and tried to pay for his order with a bag of marijuana.
News outlets report Port St. Lucie police say the fast food worker denied the trade and Anthony Andrew Gallagher drove off, only to return again a short time later. Police arrested him Sunday on charges of marijuana possession and driving under the influence.
Police were alerted to Gallagher’s offer early Sunday morning and got a description of him from the worker. They say a suspect matching his description went through the drive-thru a little while later and police approached him.
It’s unclear if Gallagher attempted to pay for his order with drugs the second time. It’s also unclear if he has a lawyer.
Today’s Top Stories
- Long-time power plant to close in Magna
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Americans brace for ‘hardest, saddest’ week of their lives expecting COVID…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- Latest Mitt Romney polls: Republican approval rating drop
- Gunman shot by police at NYC cathedral Christmas concert
- University of Utah announces major campus safety changes, investments
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School