SALT LAKE CITY – You probably saw the Utah Jazz beat the world champion Golden State Warriors Wednesday and if you were watching the game you might have seen Donovan Mitchell fly into the third row.
The second year Jazz star went to go contest a shot on Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson. He got a nice block but it sent him flying into the third row on the sidelines.
THIRD ROW WATCH OUT pic.twitter.com/uXKQq0dwIn
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) December 20, 2018
Some fans may have been worried about Donovan Mitchell getting hurt, but it wasn’t him who suffered an injury. A fan did.
— Shawn Anderson (@ShawnRAnderson) December 20, 2018
The fan suffered sprains and bruises, but no fractures. Scott G. Winterton of the Deseret News captured exactly what happened. In one shot you see Mitchell landing on the fan.
In the next shot you don’t see her.
Earlier today the second year player took to Twitter to say he was glad she was okay and that he would be gifting a jersey and shoes.
I’m glad you are okay! Thanks for helping me out 😂😂! I got you with a jersey and shoes for sure 💯💯🙏🏾🙏🏾 https://t.co/1aSBLuRZr9
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) December 20, 2018
So it all worked out in the end. The Jazz take on the Portland Trailblazers on the road tomorrow with tip-off set for 8 P.M.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Malfunctioning Mississippi voting machine caught on video
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups
- Utah tourism office unveils three-year plan to keep visitors and money rolling in
- Utah man being investigated for threatening to kill former US senator
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Police believe the El Paso shooter targeted Latinos. These are the victims’ stories
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Tabitha’s Way