One person was found dead Sunday morning after a fire at a Salt Lake City apartment building, authorities said.
Jim Kavoukas, 51, passed away after what the SLCPD twitter account is calling an “accidental fire.” According to the tweet, Kavoukas was alone at the time of the incident.
The call today at 1729 N Beck Street appears to be an accidental #fire which resulted in the death of Jim Kavoukas (51). Mr. Kavoukas was alone at the time of the incident.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) December 23, 2018
SLFCD crews were dispatched to the Beck Street Apartments at 1729 N. Beck St. around 8:30 A.M. after reports of a blaze, said Salt Lake City Fire Department Capt. Adam Archuleta. They found Kavoukas already deceased.
No further details were immediately available. Salt Lake City police are currently investigating.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward