SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a 63-year-old man has died after he crashed into a tree while skiing at Brighton resort.
Unified Police Lt. Manfred Lassig told KSL-TV that the man was skiing around a bend on New Year’s Eve at Brighton Resort when he crashed into a tree while trying to avoid hitting another skier.
Lassig said the man received first aid but was pronounced dead.
His identity has not yet been released.
Information from: KSL-TV, http://www.ksl.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Officer-involved shooting in Roy deemed justified, police release video
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows