DISCLAIMER: The following is an opinion piece and does not necessarily reflect the views of KSL Newsradio or its ownership.
Fake news spreads like viruses all over the internet. It’s terrifying. Bots and algorithms now exist that can easily spit out fake content within a matter of seconds.
That content is then spread to influencers who use anything to bolster their arguments.
How can you decide what is fake news or not? Google it. Also, if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t true.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Five bars temporarily closed for violating COVID-19 health orders
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Meat monopoly: Utah AG concerned about possible meat price-fixing
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- Volunteers of America