OGDEN — The Weber County Sheriff’s Office says one of its own is under arrest, accused of custodial sexual misconduct.
A press release from the sheriff’s office says the arrest of Jeremy Miller comes as a result of an internal investigation that began in November 2018.
Miller, a corporal with the department, was placed on paid administrative leave back on December 10th. The case is now in the hands of the Weber County Attorney’s Office pending a criminal investigation.
Miller will be booked into the Box Elder County Jail because of a conflict of interest with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office.
Today’s Top Stories
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- When do pandemics end? Utah lawmakers look at metrics for COVID-19 “endgame”
- Early morning fire tears through SLC apartment complex
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- On Twitter, limited number of users spreading fake info
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off