A Utah Congressman may be a candidate to join President Trump’s cabinet. Representative Rob Bishop could take over the Interior Department.
Bloomberg is reporting that the White House has intensified the focus on Bishop and the acting chief of interior, Dave Bernhardt, to take over for Ryan Zinke.
Bloomberg says its sources were all anonymous, but point to Bishop’s leading of the House Natural Resources Committee and his history of advocating for better federal land management.
But Bishop says he’s not aware of any talks for the position. and he said “don’t bet your retirement on it.”
Hear more from his live interview with Utah’s Morning News below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Layton police arrest two suspects in fatal shooting
- Book Buddies: Kids can read to Utah shelter pets virtually