Should college athletes get paid? Absolutely.
Legislators in the state of Washington are trying to pass a bill that would allow college athletes to get paid for playing.
Scott Mitchell, a former NFL quarterback, joined the show to say that collegiate athletes should absolutely be paid. He says that while college athletes are already getting paid in one form or another through gifts and scholarships, they still deserve to be paid monetarily.
What do you think? Is playing sports a form of work? If so, shouldn’t they be paid?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Read: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg statement on current chemotherapy treatment
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- How opioid addiction has plagued a Utah woman and her family
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- Police respond to shooting in Kearns
- Utah’s 7-day average for positive COVID-19 cases hits 15%–the highest to date