Should college athletes get paid? Absolutely.
Legislators in the state of Washington are trying to pass a bill that would allow college athletes to get paid for playing.
Scott Mitchell, a former NFL quarterback, joined the show to say that collegiate athletes should absolutely be paid. He says that while college athletes are already getting paid in one form or another through gifts and scholarships, they still deserve to be paid monetarily.
What do you think? Is playing sports a form of work? If so, shouldn’t they be paid?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Utah Medical Examiner’s Office finds no link between COVID-19 vaccine and deaths
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- St. George investigation into missing hiker closes with no evidence of fraud
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19